Tuesday 8 May 2007

What a weekend!!!!

Man alive it's been a busy bank holiday weekend!!! The weekend started with me heading down into the welsh valleys of Tairgwaith to complete the first part of their digital story. Del boy and co did really well, almost finished now! I then returned back home to start work on my new adventure!!! Yes, the gardening's gone one step further...... I've now got a veggie patch!!! Amazing!!! Can't believe how excited i am! My 'little' veggies have been doing so well that they are now growing out of the pots that I've put them in and are starting to take over the whole garden so i decided that it was time to give them a proper home...bring on the veggie patch! It wasn't quite as easier as i thought i would be though. The first thing i learnt was not a go to the tip to collect compost with bin bags and a spade while wearing flip flops!!!! I could tell that all the other men there collecting compost didn't quite take me seriously!! But we live and learn! It took me a whole 4 hours of Manuel labour, removed a two foot wall (underneath my garden) and filled 5 bin bags full of grass, weeded the 'grave', then 'fed' it all before any veg can go anywhere near it!!! My excited started to dwindle.......but then .........amazing ...yes the first fruits of my labour...........food...eatable food!!!!!Awesome! Then today came!!!!!! I was up comparatively early for a Tuesday morning after bank holiday only to discover that blinking Betty wasn't having such a good morning!!! So this morning i've had to abandon her and i'm in Glynneath without her! Poor Betty! she's not doing well of late but it was of cause a pleasure to be driven around by Mr Owen! Saved the day again!